A branding design process should help brand owners to:
- Understand the need for a strong brand and identity
- Know the values and mission and have a defined position
- Design well-crafted brand identity and design system
- Build other assets to help the brands visibility
In the early stages of creating a brand, it can be tricky to get started. It can easily be put on the back burner.
When starting a brand design journey, where do you start, and how do you go about it?
Brand owners will often start with a business plan to map out the differernt areas of focus. As part of a marketing strand to the brand, a logo may be required. An important thing to remember is that the logo (brand identity) is not the brand.
The brand stems from the people behind it. Each of us are unique. We all have our own life experiences. Understanding this allows brand owners, along with their teams to really put a stamp on their brand.
Navigating a brand design process to build the assets for your brand may seem daunting. However, the value and clairty it can bring is invaluable.
If you are looking to start your journey, here are a few steps to help you:
- Know your business inside and out. What are your core values? What are your unique selling points and how are you different?
- Define the target audience. Who are you trying to reach? What do they want and need from you?
- Create a unique brand identity, guidelines and design to reflect the brand. Also, consider how it will be seen in the market and where you should focus your marketing efforts.
Once you have clarity on the above, it then allows for an even better design direction for the brand.
Don’t stop there.
As the title suggests, Branding is an ongoing journey.